Skip to content
A leading resource for registered investment advisers and foreign investors.

At times, people ask me whether there is one state in particular that is optimal for investment adviser registration purposes. I am quick to point out that the requirement to register an investment adviser in a certain state depends on whether the investment adviser maintains its principal office and place of business (“popb”) in the state. The industry usually refers to the state in which the adviser maintains its popb, as its home state. There …

RIA Law Journal